To file for bankruptcy, either Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a petition and a number of other forms (called "schedules and statements") need to be completed. The Fauss Law Firm will help you gather the necessary paperwork and prepare these documents for filing. The petition and schedules are filed electronically with the bankruptcy court as part of the bankruptcy process.
The forms are required and will detail many aspects of your finances. Some of the information the forms ask you to describe:
- Your debts
- Your assets
- Your current income and sources of income
- Your current monthly living expenses
- Property you sold or gave away during the previous two years
- Your income from the previous two years
To help prepare for filing, you should begin to assemble the following documents:
- At least six months worth of paycheck stubs from your employer
- Your most recent federal and state tax return
- Copies of your most recent bills and collection letters
The information provided by these forms will help to determine if you are eligible to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy as well as provide a detailed accounting of your financial life.